This article covers the control page designed to allow conference representatives implement and enforce rules of their conference exchange using the TXS CABS system.
Step 1: Access the Conference Exchange CABS control page
Go to Exchange>Conference Exchange Setup
Step 2: Make selections for the CABS settings
- Notes/Instructions - add additional notes regarding the conference exchange rules in this free form area
- Is CABS enabled? - select "Yes" to confirm that you want to enable CABS for your conference which will "soft lock" teams from seeing new conference video until they meet the requirements of the exchange per your selections
- Are Home Games Required? - select "Yes" to require your conference teams to upload their home games
- Are Away Games Required? - select "No" which means that the teams do not have to upload their away games to the conference exchange (No is the common setting because the home teams generally are required to upload the games)
- Locked each team until 1 game shared? - If you select "Yes" then a team will not be able to view conference exchange video until they upload their first game. Select "No" if you would like to allow teams to view conference video prior to their first required upload (No is the common setting)
- Which Games - The common setting is for "conference games only." You have the ability to require all games if that is the agreement for your conference.
- Post Season Games Required - Select "Yes" to require post season game uploads.
Step 3: Manually lock a team out of the Conference Exchange with a "Hard Lock"
Activating the Hard Lock (generally used for rules that are outside of the CABS auto "soft locks" described & controlled in Step 2)
If you need to lock a team out of the Conference Exchange for any reason you also have the option to place a "Hard Lock" on their account. This will prevent them from accessing any videos on the exchange.
- Select the team
- Select the start date for the hard lock
- Click "Save Lock"
Removing the Hard Lock
Once the team has resolved the issue with the conference office you can remove their hard lock to restore the team's access to the exchange.
- Select the team
- Click "Remove Hard Lock"
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the CABS controls page or if you need to request admin access as a conference representative.